Statistical Assistants Career
体育彩票365官方下载compile and compute data according to statistical formulas for use in statistical studies. may perform actuarial computations and compile charts and graphs for use by actuaries. includes actuarial clerks.
What Job Titles Statistical Assistants Might Have
- Actuarial Assistant
- Actuarial Technician
- Research Analyst
- Research Assistant
What Statistical Assistants Do
- Compute and analyze data, using statistical formulas and computers or calculators.
- Check source data to verify completeness and accuracy.
- Enter data into computers for use in analyses or reports.
- Compile reports, charts, or graphs that describe and interpret findings of analyses.
- Participate in the publication of data or information.
- File data and related information and maintain and update databases.
- Organize paperwork, such as survey forms or reports, for distribution or analysis.
- Code data prior to computer entry, using lists of codes.
- Compile statistics from source materials, such as production or sales records, quality-control or test records, time sheets, or survey sheets.
- Interview people and keep track of their responses.
- Check survey responses for errors, such as the use of pens instead of pencils, and set aside response forms that cannot be used.
- Select statistical tests for analyzing data.
- Discuss data presentation requirements with clients.
- Send out surveys.
What Statistical Assistants Should Be Good At
- Mathematical Reasoning - The ability to choose the right mathematical methods or formulas to solve a problem.
- Written Comprehension - The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Oral Comprehension - The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Written Expression - The ability to communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand.
- Oral Expression - The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Inductive Reasoning - The ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions (includes finding a relationship among seemingly unrelated events).
- Information Ordering - The ability to arrange things or actions in a certain order or pattern according to a specific rule or set of rules (e.g., patterns of numbers, letters, words, pictures, mathematical operations).
- Near Vision - The ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
- Deductive Reasoning - The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- Speech Recognition - The ability to identify and understand the speech of another person.
- Speech Clarity - The ability to speak clearly so others can understand you.
What Statistical Assistants Should Be Interested In
- Conventional - Conventional occupations frequently involve following set procedures and routines. These occupations can include working with data and details more than with ideas. Usually there is a clear line of authority to follow.
- Investigative - Investigative occupations frequently involve working with ideas, and require an extensive amount of thinking. These occupations can involve searching for facts and figuring out problems mentally.
What Statistical Assistants Need to Learn
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Mathematics - Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- Computers and Electronics - Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Education and Training - Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects.
体育彩票365官方下载this page includes information from by the u.s. department of labor, employment and training administration (usdol/eta). used under the license.