sing songs on stage, radio, television, or motion pictures.
What Job Titles Singers Might Have
- Gospel Singer
- Singing Telegram Performer
What Singers Do
- Memorize musical selections and routines, or sing following printed text, musical notation, or customer instructions.
- Sing as a soloist or as a member of a vocal group.
- Perform before live audiences, or in television, radio, or movie productions.
- Interpret or modify music, applying knowledge of harmony, melody, rhythm, and voice production to individualize presentations and maintain audience interest.
- Practice singing exercises and study with vocal coaches to develop voice and skills and to rehearse for upcoming roles.
- Sing a cappella or with musical accompaniment.
- Observe choral leaders or prompters for cues or directions in vocal presentation.
- Make or participate in recordings.
- Seek out and learn new music suitable for live performance or recording.
- Compose songs or create vocal arrangements.
- Collaborate with a manager or agent who handles administrative details, finds work, and negotiates contracts.
- Learn acting, dancing, and other skills required for dramatic singing roles.
- Research particular roles to find out more about a character, or the time and place in which a piece is set.
What Singers Should Be Good At
- Speech Clarity - The ability to speak clearly so others can understand you.
What Singers Should Be Interested In
What Singers Need to Learn
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Fine Arts - Knowledge of the theory and techniques required to compose, produce, and perform works of music, dance, visual arts, drama, and sculpture.
- Sales and Marketing - Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
体育彩票365官方下载this page includes information from by the u.s. department of labor, employment and training administration (usdol/eta). used under the license.