Sales Representatives, Wholesale and Manufacturing Career
sell goods for wholesalers or manufacturers to businesses or groups of individuals. work requires substantial knowledge of items sold.
What Job Titles Sales Representatives, Wholesale and Manufacturing Might Have
- Account Manager
- Outside Sales
- Sales Rep
- Sales Representative
What Sales Representatives, Wholesale and Manufacturing Do
- Contact regular and prospective customers to demonstrate products, explain product features, and solicit orders.
- Recommend products to customers, based on customers' needs and interests.
- Answer customers' questions about products, prices, availability, product uses, and credit terms.
- Estimate or quote prices, credit or contract terms, warranties, and delivery dates.
- Consult with clients after sales or contract signings to resolve problems and to provide ongoing support.
- Provide customers with product samples and catalogs.
- Identify prospective customers by using business directories, following leads from existing clients, participating in organizations and clubs, and attending trade shows and conferences.
- Prepare drawings, estimates, and bids that meet specific customer needs.
- Monitor market conditions, product innovations, and competitors' products, prices, and sales.
- Perform administrative duties, such as preparing sales budgets and reports, keeping sales records, and filing expense account reports.
- Obtain credit information about prospective customers.
- Train customers' employees to operate and maintain new equipment.
- Prepare sales contracts and order forms.
- Negotiate details of contracts and payments.
- Forward orders to manufacturers.
- Negotiate with retail merchants to improve product exposure, such as shelf positioning and advertising.
- Plan, assemble, and stock product displays in retail stores, or make recommendations to retailers regarding product displays, promotional programs, and advertising.
- Check stock levels and reorder merchandise as necessary.
- Arrange and direct delivery and installation of products and equipment.
- Buy products from manufacturers or brokerage firms and distribute them to wholesale and retail clients.
What Sales Representatives, Wholesale and Manufacturing Should Be Good At
- Oral Comprehension - The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Oral Expression - The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Speech Recognition - The ability to identify and understand the speech of another person.
- Speech Clarity - The ability to speak clearly so others can understand you.
- Written Comprehension - The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Written Expression - The ability to communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand.
What Sales Representatives, Wholesale and Manufacturing Should Be Interested In
- Conventional - Conventional occupations frequently involve following set procedures and routines. These occupations can include working with data and details more than with ideas. Usually there is a clear line of authority to follow.
- Enterprising - Enterprising occupations frequently involve starting up and carrying out projects. These occupations can involve leading people and making many decisions. Sometimes they require risk taking and often deal with business.
What Sales Representatives, Wholesale and Manufacturing Need to Learn
- Sales and Marketing - Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Administration and Management - Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
体育彩票365官方下载this page includes information from by the u.s. department of labor, employment and training administration (usdol/eta). used under the license.