Industrial Engineering Technicians Career
体育彩票365官方下载apply engineering theory and principles to problems of industrial layout or manufacturing production, usually under the direction of engineering staff. may perform time and motion studies on worker operations in a variety of industries for purposes such as establishing standard production rates or improving efficiency.
What Job Titles Industrial Engineering Technicians Might Have
- Engineering Technician
- Industrial Engineering Technician
- Manufacturing Technician
- Quality Control Engineering Technician (QC Engineering Technician)
What Industrial Engineering Technicians Do
- Design new equipment or materials or recommend revision to methods of operation, material handling, equipment layout, or other changes to increase production or improve standards.
- Test selected products at specified stages in the production process for performance characteristics or adherence to specifications.
- Compile and evaluate statistical data to determine and maintain quality and reliability of products.
- Study time, motion, methods, or speed involved in maintenance, production, or other operations to establish standard production rate or improve efficiency.
- Interpret engineering drawings, schematic diagrams, or formulas for management or engineering staff.
- Read worker logs, product processing sheets, or specification sheets to verify that records adhere to quality assurance specifications.
- Verify that equipment is being operated and maintained according to quality assurance standards by observing worker performance.
- Evaluate data and write reports to validate or indicate deviations from existing standards.
- Recommend modifications to existing quality or production standards to achieve optimum quality within limits of equipment capability.
- Aid in planning work assignments in accordance with worker performance, machine capacity, production schedules, or anticipated delays.
- Operate industrial hygiene equipment in manufacturing environments to reduce exposure to environmental contaminants.
- Prepare charts, graphs, or diagrams to illustrate workflow, routing, floor layouts, material handling, or machine utilization.
- Evaluate industrial operations for compliance with permits or regulations related to the generation, storage, treatment, transportation, or disposal of hazardous materials or waste.
- Apply statistical quality control procedures to production test data.
- Order and purchase manufacturing equipment for production operations.
What Industrial Engineering Technicians Should Be Good At
- Oral Comprehension - The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Problem Sensitivity - The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
- Deductive Reasoning - The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- Inductive Reasoning - The ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions (includes finding a relationship among seemingly unrelated events).
- Written Comprehension - The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Near Vision - The ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
- Oral Expression - The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
What Industrial Engineering Technicians Should Be Interested In
- Investigative - Investigative occupations frequently involve working with ideas, and require an extensive amount of thinking. These occupations can involve searching for facts and figuring out problems mentally.
- Realistic - Realistic occupations frequently involve work activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions. They often deal with plants, animals, and real-world materials like wood, tools, and machinery. Many of the occupations require working outside, and do not involve a lot of paperwork or working closely with others.
What Industrial Engineering Technicians Need to Learn
- Mechanical - Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Engineering and Technology - Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
- Production and Processing - Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Mathematics - Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- Design - Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Computers and Electronics - Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
- Physics - Knowledge and prediction of physical principles, laws, their interrelationships, and applications to understanding fluid, material, and atmospheric dynamics, and mechanical, electrical, atomic and sub- atomic structures and processes.
- Public Safety and Security - Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
this page includes information from by the u.s. department of labor, employment and training administration (usdol/eta). used under the license.