Education Administrators, Preschool and Childcare Center/Program Career
体育彩票365官方下载plan, direct, or coordinate the academic and nonacademic activities of preschool and childcare centers or programs.
What Job Titles Education Administrators, Preschool and Childcare Center/Program Might Have
- Preschool Director
- Site Coordinator
What Education Administrators, Preschool and Childcare Center/Program Do
- Monitor students' progress and provide students and teachers with assistance in resolving any problems.
- Confer with parents and staff to discuss educational activities and policies and students' behavioral or learning problems.
- Set educational standards and goals and help establish policies, procedures, and programs to carry them out.
- Plan, direct, and monitor instructional methods and content of educational, vocational, or student activity programs.
- Direct and coordinate activities of teachers or administrators at daycare centers, schools, public agencies, or institutions.
- Prepare and maintain attendance, activity, planning, accounting, or personnel reports and records for officials and agencies, or direct preparation and maintenance activities.
- Recruit, hire, train, and evaluate primary and supplemental staff and recommend personnel actions for programs and services.
- Teach classes or courses or provide direct care to children.
- Determine allocations of funds for staff, supplies, materials, and equipment and authorize purchases.
- Determine the scope of educational program offerings and prepare drafts of program schedules and descriptions to estimate staffing and facility requirements.
- Review and evaluate new and current programs to determine their efficiency, effectiveness, and compliance with state, local, and federal regulations and recommend any necessary modifications.
- Review and interpret government codes and develop procedures to meet codes and to ensure facility safety, security, and maintenance.
- Prepare and submit budget requests or grant proposals to solicit program funding.
- Collect and analyze survey data, regulatory information, and demographic and employment trends to forecast enrollment patterns and the need for curriculum changes.
- Write articles, manuals, and other publications and assist in the distribution of promotional literature about programs and facilities.
- Inform businesses, community groups, and governmental agencies about educational needs, available programs, and program policies.
- Organize and direct committees of specialists, volunteers, and staff to provide technical and advisory assistance for programs.
What Education Administrators, Preschool and Childcare Center/Program Should Be Good At
- Written Comprehension - The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Written Expression - The ability to communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand.
- Oral Expression - The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Oral Comprehension - The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Problem Sensitivity - The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
- Speech Clarity - The ability to speak clearly so others can understand you.
- Deductive Reasoning - The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- Inductive Reasoning - The ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions (includes finding a relationship among seemingly unrelated events).
- Speech Recognition - The ability to identify and understand the speech of another person.
- Information Ordering - The ability to arrange things or actions in a certain order or pattern according to a specific rule or set of rules (e.g., patterns of numbers, letters, words, pictures, mathematical operations).
- Near Vision - The ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
What Education Administrators, Preschool and Childcare Center/Program Should Be Interested In
What Education Administrators, Preschool and Childcare Center/Program Need to Learn
- Administration and Management - Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Education and Training - Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Psychology - Knowledge of human behavior and performance; individual differences in ability, personality, and interests; learning and motivation; psychological research methods; and the assessment and treatment of behavioral and affective disorders.
- Personnel and Human Resources - Knowledge of principles and procedures for personnel recruitment, selection, training, compensation and benefits, labor relations and negotiation, and personnel information systems.
- Clerical - Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, stenography and transcription, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
- Public Safety and Security - Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions.
this page includes information from by the u.s. department of labor, employment and training administration (usdol/eta). used under the license.